The Hindenburg catastrophe occurred on 6 May, 1937. The cause of the fire remains unknown, though there are multiple theories. Surprisingly, only 36 people perished in the disaster, one of them a ground crewman. The loss of the Hindenburg caused a decline in public interest in airship travel. What would have happened if the Hindenburg had not been lost? Maybe zeppelins would have remained popular. Also the band Led Zeppelin would have had to come up with a different photo for their debut album's cover. Personally, I'd like to fly on an airship some day. But I'm eccentric like that.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bet you were thinking...

...now why don't he write?  Stole and paraphrased that from the film: Dances With Wolves.  Yes, creativity on my part has been in short supply lately.  In fact, I had a hard time even remembering what my login was for this blog.

Unfortunately, this post will not be a great representation of my creative works either.  I guess I'm leaving an entry here just to see if I still remember how.

A small, semi-personal update on my life might be in order.  I finished college in late August.  I made it through a quite arduous math course, got my worst grade of my college career (a C+), and have been in a holding pattern ever since.  I think I may be mid-life crisis-ing, but the good thing about those is that they can only last just so long.  After all, I'll only be "mid-life" for just so long.

No, I'm not going to expound on my troubles, so don't worry.  I just need to get a better job and, in the process, get my head right.  But I am working on it.  And having faith.

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a quick Thoughts.  It has been so long since I typed anything other than a resume or filled in a job application, I figured I ought to try it out and see if I still remembered how to use the keyboard for other things.



I have been taking notes on all the stuff I've read (as well as many of the films I've seen) since well before I stopped posting regularly last late spring.  Some of it was interesting, and some of it was not.  I have one book review all but ready to go, and debated putting it on as my first entry back.  But no, I'll just work back into this a bit slowly, and see how it feels.

In the meantime, here's a few Thoughts saved up from much collecting.  Enjoy.


I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called 'brightness', but it doesn't work. - Gallagher

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain


There are three ways to get something done; do it yourself, hire someone, or forbid your kids to do it. - Mona Crane


A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. - Arnold H. Glasow
   
 Just a parting comment and I'll call it a day.  Whew, this blogging is hard work.

Source: LolSnaps.com
If I used this one previously, please forgive.  I just get a kick out of the idea of a true or false exam being answered this way.  Talk about thinking yourself right into an "F".

1 comment:

  1. I can't read the snapshot but I can guess....glad you're back! Mom

    ReplyDelete

We're pleased to receive your comments, but the author does check submissions before attaching them to the blog. See, it's only theoretically a free country in here...