The Hindenburg catastrophe occurred on 6 May, 1937. The cause of the fire remains unknown, though there are multiple theories. Surprisingly, only 36 people perished in the disaster, one of them a ground crewman. The loss of the Hindenburg caused a decline in public interest in airship travel. What would have happened if the Hindenburg had not been lost? Maybe zeppelins would have remained popular. Also the band Led Zeppelin would have had to come up with a different photo for their debut album's cover. Personally, I'd like to fly on an airship some day. But I'm eccentric like that.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quiescent Thoughts from the White Board - Sept 23

It's a rather peaceful and easy Sunday afternoon, thus the prefixed title to this post.  I actually have several things to write about, but seeing as there are also a bunch of tasks that need to be accomplished for school and around the home instead, I think I'll just save that burgeoning storm of activity for another day.

What's on my mind that I'm putting off, you ask?  Well, there are a couple of Opinion-Editorial pieces now, as well as some work on a movie review (I went to the cheap seats and saw the new Total Recall movie last night - and took notes afterward, so I can actually do a review justice this time).  And a book review for one I finished a few days back.  It was called Win Your Case, and was quite engaging.

And probably by tomorrow afternoon, I'll have finished another book and will need to be thinking about the review for that one too.  Been listening to Stephen King's Night Shift.  Since it is a collection of short stories, I'll have to try and make it a short review...  of each story, that is.

I'm trying to keep up with things around here because I have plans on the horizon for some changes I'd like to make.  I'm afraid if I fall behind, those changes won't happen, or will be greatly delayed.  It is a real shame that I can't make enough money with this thing to really supplement our income, as it can be a lot of work sometimes and I could use some compensation.  But then, I don't write because I want money (yes, I dream of writing for money, but people who love what they do dream of being paid well for it).  I do it because I like it.  And so I will keep on doing it and try to be content, for as long as possible.



No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office. - Covert Bailey

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. - Woodrow Wilson

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Divide and rule, a sound motto. Unite and lead, a better one. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


The parting comment:

Back to the Future with Skrillex on CollegeHumor.com

Couldn't find a way to embed this one, so there is a link to the video.  Unlike many of CollegeHumor.com's videos, this one is actually clean (no F-bombs or sex humor).  I can't say as I know this Skrillex stuff, but replacing the Johnie B. Goode scene in Back to the Future with it is funny.  And the last part, where he says the line about how "your kids are gonna love it" in the movie?  Quite amusing.

A two-parter for parting comments today, in case you are lazy and don't go look at the video link:

Source: FakePosters.com
That's it, I give up.  I bet these GPS systems like TomTom would really freak out if this was programmed into them.  "Turn...  up?  You have reached your destination.  Error.  Calculating...  Error..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're pleased to receive your comments, but the author does check submissions before attaching them to the blog. See, it's only theoretically a free country in here...