The Hindenburg catastrophe occurred on 6 May, 1937. The cause of the fire remains unknown, though there are multiple theories. Surprisingly, only 36 people perished in the disaster, one of them a ground crewman. The loss of the Hindenburg caused a decline in public interest in airship travel. What would have happened if the Hindenburg had not been lost? Maybe zeppelins would have remained popular. Also the band Led Zeppelin would have had to come up with a different photo for their debut album's cover. Personally, I'd like to fly on an airship some day. But I'm eccentric like that.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thoughts from the White Board - Sept 4

The Thoughts return!  After a couple of months of almost exclusively Book reviews (and that one Op/Ed piece), I decided to put out one of these.  It doesn't hurt that they are a bit easier than book reviews.  That did play into my decision, you can be sure.  I do have a review for a recent Tom Clancy book that I just finished at the end of last week, but I haven't edited it yet, so I'll polish it up and submit in the next few days.  I'm sure you're breathless with anticipation.

Anyway, hope yall had a good Labor Day 2012.



Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. - Aristotle

A real woman can do it all herself, but a real man won't let her. - Author Unknown

Our egos tells us we’re the only ones that have any kind of feelings. We’re the only ones with a relationship. We’re the only ones with family. You know, I think that if you kill a spider, there is a relationship that you’re ruining. There’s a conversation going on outside with the other spiders. ‘Did you hear about Chris?….Killed yeah….Sneaker. And now Stephanie has nine hundred babies to raise all alone. Well, she’s got her legs full I’ll tell you that right now. Chris was so kind, wouldn’t hurt a fly. It’s just been tough for them lately. They just lost their web last week. Those humans think they’re so smart. Let them try shooting silk out of their butt and see what they can make. - Ellen DeGeneres



The parting comment:

Source: LolSnaps.com
Totally unrelated to the rest of my post, but I thought it was interesting nevertheless.  To me, the funniest part is that they didn't put any figures in there for - for any given year - as to how many people spill their morning coffee on themselves and get a go to a doctor from the nasty scald received.  Yowwwch!!!!!  Hmmm...  Now I want to read a book on the history of caffeine.  So many interesting subjects, so little time.

1 comment:

We're pleased to receive your comments, but the author does check submissions before attaching them to the blog. See, it's only theoretically a free country in here...