The Hindenburg catastrophe occurred on 6 May, 1937. The cause of the fire remains unknown, though there are multiple theories. Surprisingly, only 36 people perished in the disaster, one of them a ground crewman. The loss of the Hindenburg caused a decline in public interest in airship travel. What would have happened if the Hindenburg had not been lost? Maybe zeppelins would have remained popular. Also the band Led Zeppelin would have had to come up with a different photo for their debut album's cover. Personally, I'd like to fly on an airship some day. But I'm eccentric like that.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Preventative Thoughts from the White Board - Oct 3

I considered calling it "Flu-like" instead, but since I only got the Flu shot and not the Flu (here's hoping anyway), "preventative" seemed more appropriate.  What's that one about an ounce of prevention?

And the best news of all, I'm actually still caught up on my book reviews, as of this writing!  Good thing too, as I have a ton more homework to do.  Isn't life great!?  No really, I mean it.  Not even sarcastic or anything this time.  I'm caught up on my reviews and I'm getting homework done.  That beats being behind on my reviews and not getting my homework done, any day of the week!



Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God. - William Carey

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Future: That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured. - Ambrose Bierce

Serious illness doesn't bother me for long because I am too inhospitable a host.
- Albert Schweitzer


The parting comment:

I like that part about how the refrigerator reminds you about your food by holding it out to you.  My wife's been trying to get me to do a lot of things for years now in just that same manner.  Her track record is less than impressive.  Certainly less impressive than a refrigerator that looks like it belongs on the set of a sci-fi film.

A double dose of parting comments for today!

Source: LolSnaps.com
 On the subject of Flu Shots, here is a little wisdom on the subject of health, Irish-style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're pleased to receive your comments, but the author does check submissions before attaching them to the blog. See, it's only theoretically a free country in here...