The Hindenburg catastrophe occurred on 6 May, 1937. The cause of the fire remains unknown, though there are multiple theories. Surprisingly, only 36 people perished in the disaster, one of them a ground crewman. The loss of the Hindenburg caused a decline in public interest in airship travel. What would have happened if the Hindenburg had not been lost? Maybe zeppelins would have remained popular. Also the band Led Zeppelin would have had to come up with a different photo for their debut album's cover. Personally, I'd like to fly on an airship some day. But I'm eccentric like that.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Saturday-ish Thoughts from the White Board - Oct 22

My wife commented that today feels like a Saturday.  I'd agree on the later half of the day.  The beginning, not so much.  Unless it was a lousy sort of Saturday.

Things are not going too well in my Spanish class.  I feel like I go in there and we do group activities, and everybody else is speaking in complex sentences, and I'm like, "Que?"  "Hola." "Donde esta el banyo?"  "El queso es viejo y mohoso."  That last one was a joke from the movie Encino Man, by the way.


Couldn't find a clip of the Spanish class scene, so this will have to do.


Anyway, my midterm for Spanish starts on Friday.  I'm super unprepared.  Need to do some studying.  I also need to finish my internship.  And I need to finish my midterm project for Public History.  Nearly done, but not quite.  And I need to do some half-hearted studying for my Women's Lib.. err, I mean Studies class.  I decided to turn that one into a credit/no credit elective.  It isn't a hard class, but my effort is better spent elsewhere.  It kills me not to do my best on an assignment, but the midterm upcoming for that class is not worth the grade in Spanish.  If it is one or the other, I gotta do for Spanish.

What else?  This is just a laundry list of worries, so nothing really that needs to be enumerated.  The good part is, it feels like Saturday right now.  Or should I say, "Que se siente Sábado."


Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas Alva Edison

An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex. - Edgar Wallace

Have you ever wondered why Republicans are so interested in encouraging people to volunteer in their communities? It’s because volunteers work for no pay. Republicans have been trying to get people to work for no pay for a long time. - George Carlin


 The parting comment:


Source: LolSnaps.com
This is sort of how I feel about school right now.  I got it!  No, wait, I don't got it.

1 comment:

  1. George Carlin would've made a good President. He said it like it is without any bull-pucky.

    ReplyDelete

We're pleased to receive your comments, but the author does check submissions before attaching them to the blog. See, it's only theoretically a free country in here...